Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Checking In

 Going along doing my thing, One Day At A Time.

Took a pic to share in case anyone is curious about the dialysis:

Because I have a graft (a loop graft) the needle on the right goes in at the top. It takes the blood out and runs it through the machine. Then the clean blood comes back in through the bottom needle and while I DO feel much better doing hemodialysis than I did doing PD dialysis, I'm always tired on dialysis days and I usually nap or at least laze around because standing up sometimes gives me a headache. My body feels achy and sore and really it shouldn't be a surprise because dialysis is like making your heart run a marathon...do I look like a person who WANTS to run a marathon?

I am grateful anyways for every day, even the dialysis days.

Keep breathing and cherish the moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment